I've been troubled the past few days with something that seems to be bothering me more then usual. It's nothing that should be bothering me, but I seem to be having the problem of thinking that I'm never going to find the right person to be with in my life. Then I begin to think that I'm still to young to even worry about that, I mean I'm only 19, getting close to 20. There's a few people that I'm growing fond of this year, but I know that if anything happens (which I don't think it ever will) that it's just going to have to end by the end of the year. I don't know where I am going to be at the end of the year, and with radio, you could be anywhere.
I got my Windows Vista package in the mail the other day, and have the thing all booted up and installed. I ended up doing a fresh install because I haven't formatted this machine in about a year in a half, it needed a clean install. I have to say, I was first skeptical with the new system, but I am growing to love it. There are a few really cool new features to the operating system. And I've also convinced a few other people that maybe they want to pick it up too!
Another package arrived in the mail on Thursday along with the Vista package. It was a copy of my album. The first actually "good looking" copy of my album. A professionally printed and packaged album arrived at my door (three of them actually) and I must say, they look AWESOME! I'm working on getting something done for my next album, and will definitely be going through CafePress again to get them done. They turned out well and they look like a professionally designed and recorded album now. It's great!
Things have been busy around here, with on air shifts, projects, and the music director position I've been holding. It's a lot of work but this year is already going well, it's fun, although last night I was listening back to some of my on air performances and I realized that I need to work on a few things. Some of my breaks seem to long, I need to shorten them up and tighten up my production. That will come in time, I'm not extremely worried about it right now, but the fact that I'm thinking this already I guess is a good sign. When I can critique my own work and tell whats wrong with it. Maybe I'm just going insane lol.
Not to much has happened this weekend, didn't party on Friday because I was covering a shift on Saturday, which was actually pretty boring. Traffic and Entertainment isn't exactly exciting, but it's radio so you have to do it. Not that I mind doing traffic/entertainment, I just hate that it's so repetitive. At least when you're hosting you get to be creative and talk about everything, other then the limited range of entertainment, which is strictly, as the title suggests, entertainment news.
I don't know why I keep getting scheduled for traffic/entertainment though. I'd love to be getting more hosting times, but it seems as if every week I have two traffic/entertainment, and one hosting. And it's been that way for the past three weeks (I think). I want more hosting time! I guess it'll come, or so I'm hoping. Just have to wait it out and see, and if within another two weeks I'm still having the same issue of not having much hosting time each week, I'll get a hold of Jerry.
Renee didn't show up like she said she would, she apparently got sick or something? I don't know the full story, just going on what Anne had mentioned. Perhaps she'll show up after thanksgiving weekend. But other then that, Saturday was a fun night. We had a few drinks in my room, my RA got a little drunk, and we all had a good time. It was an alright weekend I guess.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, I have no idea what I'm going to be doing on thanksgiving weekend. I guess I might just end up staying here, which will probably be pretty boring, considering there will only be about 10 people living on residence that weekend (just like spring break last year). Oh well, I guess I can catch up on some sleep and work on assignments.
That's about all to report on this week, until next time..
-Kirk
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment