Saturday, September 22, 2007

Radio Humber Madness

What a fun night it was last night. The past two nights (Thursday and Friday) I've been doing six hour shifts! Talk about madness, but it sure is helping for my sound already. At least I think so.

I'm loving working on Radio Humber so far, but a little bit frustrated that a few people aren't already showing up for shifts?! Like what the heck, this is our career in stake here. Oh well I guess those are the people that don't seem to have the bug for radio. I'll just keep doing my thing.

So last night I come home from my six hour shift ending at 9pm, and to my surprise Renee showed up for then night. It was great to see her again! I thought she had fallen off the face of the earth! And she also said that she would be back next weekend which is really cool. It will be good to party with her again, perhaps she will have a few drinks next weekend. Then again I have a shift at 10am on Saturday next week when I'm covering. Oh well, no partying on Friday, but Saturday will be full blown partying I guess.

I still have yet to go downtown Toronto this year, I haven't left campus. Then again I've been extremely busy with the station, and also as Music Director. Yeah did I tell you I got the music director position for 96.9? It's pretty cool so far but I haven't done much, we're still getting everything together and running. But it should be fun once things start rolling on.

I think we'll be drinking again tonight, not much else is going on. There were a bunch of people in my room last night, and Tom Mangos came over to chill with us. His a first year radio student, and it's good to get to know a few of them this year. As Cory did with me last year, I want to do the same for many of the first years this year.

Speaking of that bugger, he called me last night.. It was damn good to hear his voice too. I miss him, and wish he were still around, but unfortunately he is rockin' the airwaves in Alberta. Perhaps some day we will meet up, who knows. You never know we may cross paths again some day, but what I do know is we are definitely going to be keeping in touch, and if we don't I am going to have to hunt him down. Either way it was great to chat, we were on the phone for a few hours, and almost everyone in the room spoke with him, it was good times!

I've got a few assignments I have to work on tomorrow, a bunch due for radio and an essay due on Tuesday for my online course. It should be an interesting day to try and get them all done tomorrow. I started a few today just to get them out of the way so I wouldn't be so jammed on Sunday, which was probably a good idea. Other then that I've been keeping busy with both classes, work, and air shifts. It's a blast, and already starting to fly by! I can't believe it's already been three freaking weeks!

Anywho, I'm off for tonight. Later Days
-Kirk

No comments: