Well I'm back again, and I suppose I should give you a bit of an update of what has been going on all summer. It's been awhile since my last post, in fact my last post was the night before I left for Truro again. Nevertheless I figured it was that time again. I moved into my new room on R320, and am still in reservation for a T Building with Craig. We actually have a pretty decent floor, best part is Craig is on the same floor as me! Pretty sweet deal if you ask me, but they are a little bit immature for my liking. Oh well, you can't win every time I guess. I just have to stop comparing it to last year, we had such a tight floor last year.
I've been working like a mad man all summer. No time for fun, although I did take a few trips over the course of the four months I was back. Few to Halifax, and over to PEI when Craig and Renee came down to visit. Which was an absolute blast. I hope they had fun, because I enjoyed seeing them. Speaking of Renee however, she didn't make it up this weekend. Not sure why, but she said she would be up and then never showed up. How weird...
I was working at Convergys and taking calls at the call centre for Sprint. An all American cell phone company and listening to bitching Americans all day.. Well actually not all of them are that bad, I had a few very polite customers, however there were many death threats which was highly amusing. In fact I got a death threat that he was going to come and find me and shoot me with an AK47. How is that for having a fun job? Actually it wasn't all that bad, it's one job that I actually did not dread going to every day, although I would never want to make it a full time career. I started off as an Account Services Retention Agent and then a month before I left got promoted to Supervisor, which I had a blast doing. I met some really cool people this summer because of it though, but I had the worst shift ever and never got to see much of family. It was all good in the end though because I made a heck of a lot of money working there. The bonuses were great!
I've been talking to Nathan and also mentioned it to Craig, but I want to take a trip to somewheres nice and warm this Spring Break. Because I was completely bored out of my mind last year, so I'm taking my bonus money made from work and saving it for a trip. Something cheap and warm would be very convenient. They are both up for it, but I'm not sure if it is going to fall through or not. I hope it does because it would be an absolute blast!
I start on air this year, and my first shift is Monday. I'm REALLY looking forward too it.. I chose the announcing pathway this year, and am really excited to start my career up. I imagine the first show is going to be rough around the edges but there's not really a lot I can do about that, we are all a little nervous the first time we go on air on a radio station. But once I get the hang of things I'm sure I can do an alright job. You can listen online at http://radio.humber.ca.
So now that you are up to date about what has been going on, I'm going to start updating this blog frequently again. So check back often. Later on..
-Kirk
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment