Sunday, April 1, 2007

APRIL FOOLS! Errr... Nevermind

April Fools isn't so much of a fools day at all, nothing going on today really... It's kind of a crappy day outside, overcast and suppose to rain. I have a few assignments that I should get done but you know me, I like to procrastinate when it comes to stuff like that. Especially since it's just sociology, I mean, I love doing radio work, but a gen ed class just doesn't cut it for me.

So last night we went for our walk because we were bored. We decided, hey why not go to JJMugs. Myself, Craig, Alex, Matt, Bryce and Caitlyn all decided to walk over for a few drinks. We showed up and it was packed, music was thumping and they were going to charge 15 dollars to get in! We thought that it was unbelievably expensive, especially for a place like JJ's. It was ridiculous! One of the guys at the front who was checking for ID wouldn't let me in anyways, he thought I had a fake ID and also thought that I was under age.

"You were born in 88, that's too young!"
"Yeah, 88 of February bud"
"Oh..." he then looks at the other guy "What do you think? We let him in?"
"It's fake"

and then Craig decided to pipe in and say "It's cool guys, we go to school together"
"In Nova Scotia?!"
"No not in Nova Scotia, we go to school here"

At that point, Caitlyn, Alex and Matt walk back out saying there is a 15 dollar cover charge, so we said the heck with that. We started to walk home and it was mentioned we should just go over to the Woodbine racetrack and get some drinks there, it's 24/7 because it's also a Casino. Caitlyn and Bryce headed back to residence and the rest of us decided to go over for some drinks. It's a pretty huge place, and it was cool to just sit down and chat with the guys for something to do. We got back here around two in the morning and then just kind of chilled around for a bit. And that was our night, a lot better then sitting around here doing nothing. And I got to eat a great Clubhouse sandwich while I was at Woodbine, it was delicious!

Not sure what's happening tonight, or today, probably not much. It's just another sunday, I have to start sociology as mentioned, other then that, don't think there is too much planned for the night. Perhaps a movie? Who knows..
-Kirk

No comments: