What an adventurous weekend this was, so to speak. I need to fill you in I suppose. This weekend was the long Thanksgiving weekend. And I decided to take a trip to Hamilton to see Justin. Friday was a fun night too, was hanging out with Stacey and her friend Evan, he seems like a cool guy, and we hung out last night when I returned as well.
I guess I better start off in the right order. So, first off, Friday. I had an on air shift from 6-9pm which was kind of a fun set, not one of my best but we all have those days. And I decided after that I would chill with Stacey for a few drinks. Not long after I got back from my set her friend showed up and we had drinks together. He's a really good guy, and a pretty funny character. But that's pretty much all that happened on Friday. Just chatted and had a few drinks, but nonetheless that's not a bad thing.
Saturday I ended up waking up at 10am to try and catch the bus to be in Hamilton by noon. Well regardless to say, that sure didn't happen. I didn't end up getting into Hamilton until 2ish. But it was great to hang out with Justin and Theresa again. We headed to a party that night in Niagara, which I've never been. We talked about going to the falls afterwards but that plan sadly fell apart so I still have yet to see them, perhaps in the near future I can take a trip down. Oh well, the party was fun, I had no idea who anyone was, but I met some cool folks there.
Sunday was fun, woke up and went to church with Justin and Theresa. Then we headed back to his place and watched episodes of Sienfeld for awhile. Then I was back off to Toronto. It was good to see them again though, I didn't get back to Toronto until 5pm, and once I got back I went and took a nap. Then 7 hit and the phone rings, talked to my parents while still half a sleep and then called up Stacey to see what she was up too. We went down for food and then yes started drinking again.
The night was very fun, we ended up calling up for pizza from Pizza Pizza and sure enough they were late. So I run downstairs with Suni when we saw the pizza guy and start hounding on him, because after 50 minutes it's free. So he was getting ready to leave with our pizza. This is when I told him to call up his boss and let me talk to him. Sure enough he did, I talked to him and they told him to give us the pizza because he was, in fact, late! So free pizza for us! And the best part was we ordered two, so two free pizzas. The delivery guy was pretty upset, and as he handed over the pizza all he said was "I will never be late again". It was too funny, and when I walked away with a big grin on my face for getting free food I told him to have a "great night". It was hilarious!
Later that night we got listening to some LIVE, and decided to purchase their new album online, all I have to say is WOW! I am absolutely LOVING the sound of LIVE live. Yeah, if that doesn't confuse you, I don't know what will! I'm actually listening to it right now, they sound fantastic. I would love to see them live, and if they ever come to Toronto I am going at the drop of a hat. They also released two unheard tracks on this album, so not only do I get an AWESOME live performance album, but I get to hear two brand new tracks from LIVE. How awesome is that?? To tracks, Beautiful Invisible, and Radiant Sea, the title track. Of course the title track is always usually the best, sure enough it is a great tune. But most importantly, their live performance sound blew me away. I mean there's bands out there that can write music and record it, but then there's bands out there that can make it sound good live. And these guys CAN make it sound good live. All I have to say is, if you love LIVE, then pick up this live album from them, it will definitely not disappoint..
That's it for now!
-Kirk
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment