Monday, November 26, 2007

Holy Cow I'm Totally Going So Fast... AWWWW FWAHWWWK!!!

Well I suppose it's about that time where I update this thing again. I've really been quite the procrastinator when it comes to this blog! Oh well, I guess that's what I get for being crazy busy these days!

I'll start of with the exciting news! We can now listen to Radio Humber on resnet! After spending two hours on the phone with IT the other day it finally paid off! I was so excited once they emailed me back and told me they had it fixed. And then of course I told everyone on my floor that they can tune in online now, and also messaged Diana as soon as I found out because I know she would be enthralled. So that was the extent of my excitement for the past few weeks.

Aside from that my seminar was on Friday, and OH BOY! Quite the technical difficulties I had! I was all ready to go and super pumped. I even went over early to print off the essay (which took me hours to write by the way!) , printed up all the slides to give out to classmates and then ran back to residence with about 20 minutes to spare to get all dressed up in my suit and ran back over ready to go!

That's the good news, bad news is that it didn't go over so well. I had some technical difficulties! I brought my laptop over because I did my powerpoint in OpenOffice. And I knew for a fact that it wasn't going to save my audio correctly because it's a piece of junk program when it comes to importing audio. So I figured I'd plug the speakers into my laptop and the projector into it as well. WRONG! The speakers wouldn't fit at first, and so I was like: "Oh! Okay I'll just use my key and hopefully redirect the sound to the correct path once it's open in powerpoint..."... WRONG AGAIN! I forgot my key in my room! So I borrowed a key from a classmate and transfered the files over to the desktop PC on the media cart... It didn't work! Wouldn't let me redirect the audio. So I was freaking out, and Paul ran out to his car to grab me speakers, which I was so thankful for. Here's where it gets a little bit sticky, while he was out I managed to get the speakers hooked up to my laptop! I felt so bad when he got back.

MOVING ON! The presentation kicked off and I thought it was going well, but I really didn't get that much of a reaction from Paul, which is the exact opposite of what I wanted. He just kind of sat there. All I'm hoping for is that I get above an 80% because I put a LOT of work into this seminar, and if it's lower than an 80 I'm going to be terribly upset! But a few classmates seemed to really like the presentation, as it really showcased where we are headed with automation systems and voice tracking, as well as the affects MP3 players are making on our future careers.

I'm glad it's over and done with though, because I've been working crazy hard on it for the past few weeks to make it look awesome and sound great. It ran around 30-40 minutes too which is great! That's exactly what I was hoping for!

In other news we've got a final project coming up for On-air Performance, and this is a pitch for a radio station. Now I was originally thinking a HOT AC station but now I'm kind of leaning towards a new rock/classic rock station. I think it might target the audience a bit better and there aren't really to many stations in that area that serve rock (aside from Wingham I believe?). But the problem is my group really isn't showing any initiative towards it! That's why I HATE group work, oh well I hope that it turns out well in the long run. I think I might as well make the pitch to them tomorrow about changing our format a little bit from what we originally planned.

And lastly I leave you with a list of my up and coming band. Starring Diana and myself (and possibly a few special guests!). Oh... don't worry, we are completely serious when we say we are recording these and making a full length album to these songs. Without further ado! I give you "Chair Metal Music Factory"!

1) Craig McKenzie Drinks From A Goats Horn
2) Smelling Dill Pickles in Kirk's Room
3) Julian Hasn't Kidnapped Diana Yet
4) Machine Gun Tom
5) Pineapple
6) Public Defecation On S2
7) Mangos The Tropical Fruit
8) It's Current Negative Four In The City Of Toronto Right Now (Joe Pogue Remix)
9) Tonight I Killed My Brother At Pearson Airport
10) Jane And Finch (University Heights My Ass)
11) My Wife Is Black (Those Sideburns Are Dirty)
12) **BONUS TRACK!! WAIT FOR THE CD!!**

And yes... that's our track listing. Keep your eyes peeled. We're going to be SOCAN registered AND put our music up on MySpace... yeah... that's right... MySpace!

-Kirk

No comments: